Monday, November 15, 2010

Absolutely No Promises


It is entirely possible that this is the first and very last post on this (very nearly deceased) blog. But who knows. Maybe the hardest step is just the first post!

I'll be brief with the intro--but suffice it to say that a combination of (a) spending more time recently on friends' blogs, and (b) spending some time this weekend walking across Baltimore and wishing I had a camera and place to show-off pics got the idea floating around my head that maybe I do have some time for this. Mix that with some welcome pestering from a good friend and a higher than usual desire to procrastinate. And here I am.

My life is decidedly un-interesting. With upwards of 10 hours a day spent in class or studying, there is not that much time for blog-worth events. However, I do (very occasionally) get out. And who knows, maybe someone out there is interested in what I'm doing ( a potentially narcissistic thought... but I'm going with it...).

So, with absolutely no attempts to catch anyone up with my life since my last post (from a very different life), here are some things that have been keeping me from studying recently:

CLIMBING. On indoor "rocks." A somewhat expensive hobby to decide to take up, I have enough friends interested in this that I figured I'd give it a try. I'm absolutely loving it and just bought myself my own climbing shoes! Next step is getting belay certified... and then actually developing some kind of upper body strength so I can move past 5.6s and onto 5.7/8s!

BAKING. is such a wonderful form of procrastination. Not only does it waste plenty of time, it leaves you with an excellent end product. Made these banana coconut muffins tonight. Nothing too fancy--just a simple banana bread recipe with added coconut. Yumm.

And now back to studying Anemia--possibly the most boring disease modality we've studied yet. Plus it's confusing. For those of you interested in what I should be doing right now--it is studying this:



1 comment:

Jason said...

Yesssssssssss.

ALL of your friends are interested in what you're doing, including indoor climbing in red chili sausalito shoes and eating banana coconut muffins (or, more commonly, a Potbelly sandwich).