Friday, April 3, 2009

My Bipolar Reaction to Rain

So I hated my trek to work this morning. It was pouring and windy. Walking to the train was a disaster--my umbrella was pretty much useless and all the water that my rain jacket prevented from soaking my upper body pretty much just ended up drenching my legs as it dripped (read: cascaded) off of it. The train was hot, slippery and humid. And the walk from the train to work was during even more of a downpour. Not good. But at least I was wearing shoes that kept my feet relatively dry.

However, getting off the train a few minutes ago and walking in the rain back to my apartment was amazing. I had my ipod set to a very upbeat Jukebox the Ghost playlist and I didn't even bother with the umbrella. I got drenched but totally loved it. I was practically singing out loud along with my tunes and honestly, really felt like having a good, exhilarated shout. Like an exciting sporting event shout, not a pent up rage shout. I stompped in quite a few puddles and now my hair is dripping and my clothes are soaked. But I feel great. YES!!

No comments: